Jams, Dances, Shows, and Other Happenings around the Twin Cities
- Tuesday Night Old-Time Music Jam. Tuesday, 6:30-8 pm. This is a smaller jam that takes place at Dunn Bros coffee (“freight house”, 201 3rd Ave S). Email Kjell with questions.
- Saturday Morning Old-Time Jam at the Dancing Goat Coffee House in St. Paul. 699 7th St E, St Paul, MN 55106 930am-1130am
- The Warming House Old-Time Jam – Second Saturdays of every month. 10:00 AM. Check their website for more info and other concerts/shows. 4001 Bryant Ave South Minneapolis, MN 55409 http://thewarminghouse.net/
- Monday Night Square Dance. At the Eagles Club in South Minneapolis on the first and third Mondays of the month! 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm. All dances are taught, and there is always a live old-time string band! Only $8! 2507 E. 25th St, Minneapolis, MN 55406 facebook.com/MondayNightSquareDance
- Tapestry Contra Dance At Tapestry Folkdance Center. Saturdays, 7:30 – 11:00 pm. The dance figures are similar to those of Old-time square dancing except the figures are made up of lines of leaders and followers facing each other. 3748 Minnehaha Ave S. Minneapolis, Mn 55406
- Monday Night Cajun and Zydeco Dances featuring live music every 2nd, 4th, and 5th Monday of the month! $8.00 | Minneapolis Eagles Club #34 2705 E 25th St, Minneapolis, MN 55406 facebook.com/MondayNightCajunDance
- Moosejaw (Occurs yearly in March)
- Minnesota Bluegrass and Old-Time Summer Music Festival – Usually sometime in August. http://minnesotabluegrass.org/index.php?contentID=559
Clogging Classes and Square Dance Callers
- Clogging Lessons are occasionally being offered by current and former members of the Geese! Please fill out this interest form to get information on future classes.
- Minneappalachian Clogging School – Minneappalachian freestyle clogging instruction for children and adults. Group and private lessons available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. https://www.facebook.com/mplsclogging
- Minneapolis Community Education – Clogging instruction for adults is sometimes offered through the Minneapolis Public School system. http://adult.mpls.k12.mn.us/ Online course listings and registration are available. https://minneapolis.thatscommunityed.com/
- Ann Carter, Caller Extraordinaire – Having danced with the Twin Cities’ based Wild Goose Chase Cloggers for five years, Ann is now primarily a caller and teacher. Ann calls dances for groups of all sizes at weddings, family reunions, corporate events, block parties, schools, churches, fundraisers, and just about anywhere for any reason! http://www.anncartercalling.com/